Image Map

Friday, August 22, 2014

Anaheim, CA Living!


I am finally here! I am all moved in to my apartment in Anaheim, CA! I can't believe I can finally say I am here and starting the Disney College Program! The move started on Monday with my boyfriend and I leaving San Francisco at 5 in the morning. This meant saying goodbye to my family the night before and heading off to Southern California in the darkness of the early morning. The two days before my check in day we decided to impulse buy a one-day ticket to Disneyland on Monday and then go to Universal on Tuesday. I had so much fun those two days, but I could not wait until I could move in on Wednesday. 
Move In Day: On Wednesday I left the hotel at 10 AM to get to Carnegie Plaza for move in! When I got there I waited in line for a bit and then started filling out paperwork. When we were in line for paperwork we found out our location for the semester. I am so, so, so excited to say that I am going to be a Front Desk Cast Member at the Grand Californian! (AHHH!) After all of that was done I started to move in all of my belongings. I live on the second floor, so I was very lucky that I didn't have to take the elevator. It was a struggle to hold so much stuff walking up the stairs, but it was way better than waiting in line for the elevator.

When I got to my apartment I finally met my roommates! They are the sweetest and I am so happy I found such great roomies! Once I said my hellos, I realized I was the lucky one to get the top bunk. Now I haven't been in a bunk bed since I was like ten. I was a little iffy about being on the top but I've gotten used to it these past two days. I'm learning how to not shake the whole entire bed and finding the best ways to not kill myself when getting down.

After, we had a meeting at 1:30 PM to attend where I learned some basics of the program and housing. I then hung out with my boyfriend for a bit and then headed to Downtown Disney with my roommates to eat dinner and spend time together. It was so magical to know that Disney would be my home for the next semester. Once I told my roommates I had actually never stepped foot into the Grand Californian, we decided to go inside the main lobby. And all I can say is WOW. What a beautiful hotel. It made me even more excited and nervous to work there. We then decided to go home and get rested for the next day! 
Day 2: The second day I had a couple of meetings and a welcome party to attend! In the morning we had to drive to a meeting that lasted about an hour and a half. We learned more about the program and how much of an impact this program is going to make on our lives. After that mandatory meeting my actual room roommates and I decided to go to the optional meetings that housing held in our courtyard. I actually learned a lot about where I'm living and how to make the best out of it.

Later that night was the welcome party! It was a great way to meet some people and have fun. There was a DJ, a photo booth, and free pizza! It was fun to see who else is doing the program and getting to know different people.

Day 3: Today I have a day off. YAY! I am taking advantage of this nothingness and just relaxing. Tomorrow I have traditions! (AHHHHH!) So I cannot wait until then!

I will keep updating you guys this whole program! One of my next posts will definitely be a room tour. I may even film it to get a better look but we will see. I need to clean my room first so you don't think I'm a complete mess! haha.

"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment