Image Map

Sunday, March 15, 2015

College Program Living

Some of you may or may not know but during the Disney College Program you are required to live in their housing. It is fully furnished and is actually a pretty nice apartment! I took a few pictures (I meant to take more after inspections but it never happened) so you can get a some ideas on what your apartment may look like. Just a nice disclaimer, all of the rooms are different. For example, I had a huge living room but a smaller bedroom, other rooms are completely opposite. Here's just a tiny example of what it could be!

So here it is! Good ol' Carnegie Plaza! It is located in downtown Anaheim about 10-15 mins away from Disneyland. It's in a pretty nice area. I mean, Anaheim in general isn't the safest place, but it is what it is. So one of my favorite parts of Carnegie Plaza is that a lot of things are in walking distance or a very short car ride away. Across the street is a nice coffee shop and a street away there is a Vons (uhh Safeway), CVS, Starbucks, and a lot of other little stores. Right down the street there's a place called Good Food. Trust me, it is really good food. The Mexican place and the place all the way to the right is sooo delicious. I'd go way too much to each place. But one of the best things ever is the Farmers Market right outside your window every Thursday. Seriously. The corn at the Farmers Market is the best. Please go eat it. For me, eat that corn!

So now let's get into the actual apartment. Carnegie is made up of many different apartment configurations. There are one, two, and I believe studio apartments. I was in a two bedroom apartment with five girls total. This means one room had a bed and a bunk bed (I was the lucky one on the top bunk) and then the other room had two beds. The photo to the right was my bedroom. The beautifully made bed on the top bunk was mine. I eventually moved the stairs to where they were supposed to be because I couldn't stand bringing my legs over that stupid bar. I believe our bedroom was one of the smaller ones with the three beds, but we did have a walk in closest so you have to pick and choose those battles.

Our room had a pretty large living room. A lot larger than most. I don't understand why our bedroom couldn't take up a little bit of the living room, but I guess we managed. In this picture it looks extremely empty. It mostly stayed like this the whole time. The apartment comes with a couch, chair, coffee table, dining table and chairs, a side table, and lamp. Pretty much all the necessities of a living room. Seriously though, we could've held a gymnastics tournament in our living room it was so dang spacious. I guess it was nice though. It was a nice place to sit and watch TV since most of the time I was way too lazy to climb all the way to the top bunk to relax.


Everything else in the apartment was pretty standard. There is a kitchen with all the basic appliances like a oven/stove, microwave, dish washer, and refrigerator. The bathroom was also standard. There was one in the living area (pretty much right behind where I took the living room picture) that was my bathroom that I shared with my actual roommates and the other bathroom was in the bedroom of my other roommates. There was also a stacked washer and dryer in the room. In the beginning the program people tell you it will take 8 hours to wash and dry your clothes. That's a big fat lie. It was a normal like two hours to wash and dry.

That's pretty much what Carnegie is all about. There's also a patio and small gym on the second floor with the program's office being on the third. If you have any questions about the living situation, please ask!


1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Do residents have to pay to use the onsite gym?

    ReplyDelete