Image Map

Saturday, April 19, 2014

DCP Packing List

 photo dcppackingpng.png
I have never done the DCP but I have lived in on campus housing for four years, so I know a little bit about packing for a semester/year. I hope my experience these past four years can help you figure out what to bring and what to leave at home! My suggestions are for people that are driving down/up/sideways. I have no clue what I would do if I had to fly! 
Bedroom:
  • Mattress pad
  • Twin sheets, comforter, pillows
  • Lamp
  • Laundry Hamper
  • Bed raisers (a lot of people have suggested this so I guess I'll put it on the list)

Kitchen:
So I have heard housing actually supplies you with basics like utensils, plates, pans, fun stuff like that. I guess there is no need to bring your own so I'll keep those off of the list! I am not exactly sure what they supply so some of the things on the list might already be there. Also, it's a great idea to plan this out with your roommates. You can split up the appliances and such.
  • Coffee maker (my keurig is my life. me without coffee is a horrible thing)
  • Coffee mugs (I need to drink my great coffee out of my cute and excessive mugs)
  • Toaster
  • Towels
  • Oven mitts 
  • Can opener, wine and bottle opener (for the 21+)
  • Tupperware (not sure if housing provides this)
  • Slow cooker (I've just always wanted one. I also feel like it would be useful)
Bathroom:
  • Shower curtain
  • Shower mat and rug
  • Towels 
  • Shower caddy (I'm not sure if you need one down there but I use one now)
  • Shower organizer (if no shower caddy is needed, maybe a little shelf thing or organizer to put in the shower)
Electronics:
  • External charging case
  • Television
  • DVD player (to watch all of the Disney movies, duh!)
  • Gaming systems (if you'd like)
  • Laptop (to blog and vlog)
  • Chargers (of all kinds! laptops, phone, everything)
  • WiFi router (coordinate with roomies!)
  • Ethernet cable
  • Headphones 
  • Camera 
  • Printer (there is a possibility you might need it. maybe if one roommate brings a printer. i personally find no use for a printer when i'm down there.)
Other:
  • I-9 Documents (here is the direct link from Disney so you know exactly what you need)
  • Makeup
  • Hair Products (straightener, curling iron, hair ties, bobby pins)
Clothes:
Obviously bring whatever you want but do not bring everything you own. There is definitely not enough space and you will only be there for a semester. There is no need to bring your whole wardrobe! If you haven't worn it in a year, you probably won't wear it in Disneyland. I know it's hard, but you have to do it! I've been bringing way too many shoes every year so during the DCP I will downsize the shoes! No need for multiple down jackets or 10 pairs of heels. Think practical! Obviously you're going to go out at night but you don't need so many options with so little space. 

Items to Have in the Apartment
These are items that I think are great to have at all times. Whether they be essentials or items that are nice to have around. It's probably a lot easier to wait to buy most of these items once you are down in Anaheim. Maybe go with your roommates to split the cost!

Cleaning Supplies:
  • Cleaning wipes
  • Swifer
  • Dishwashing soap
  • Dish soap
  • Hand soap
  • Paper towels
  • Napkins
  • Duster
  • Trash bags
Food:
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Oil (vegetable, olive)
  • Seasoned salt
  • Garlic Powder
  • Sugar
  • Flour (if you're a baker)
My best advice is to talk it out with your roommates if you know who they are! It'll definitely help you to not over pack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment