Image Map

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Application Process



When you go to the website www.disneycollegeprogram.com you will see this lovely woman greeting you to apply now! And you should! I'm going to try my best to go through the application process so you know what you are in for and can best prepare to get accepted!

There are three parts to the application process:

  1. Application
  2. Web Based Interview
  3. Phone Interview
Now I want to make this clear. So everyone understands this. Right now. We need to state this fact. People may not enjoy it but it is the truth. Everyone does NOT get through to the web based interview or the phone interview. You can stop at any point of the application process. Just wanted to make that clear before we continue.


Application - This is obviously the first thing you'll complete when having any interest with the Disney College Program. It is honestly the most basic application you will ever complete. Before applying I had done no researching of the program so I was shocked at how simple this application was. It asks basics like name, school (you have to be enrolled in school when applying), major, past jobs, pretty much anything that does no show any personality or who you really are. The only big part to the application is choosing what roles you are interested in. They give you every option available at the site (WDW or DLR) you are interested in. Then you choose no interest all the way to high interest. When doing this, remember you will be considered for every role you have any interest in, even the low interest ones. Once you turn in the application you will either be a sitting duck or receive the next step which is the web based interview.

Web Based Interview - There is not much I can tell you about this. It's pretty much just a bunch of questions that pertain to personality, situational questions, anything like that. The only advice I have is to be honest and you should be fine.

Phone Interview - I have a separate post here on my personal experience with it. Once you pass the web based interview, you will have the option to sign up for a date and time for your phone interview. Make sure you will be free and have a space to your own with no distractions. That is key in making sure that you will succeed! The phone interview is pretty self explanatory. It's like any other interview you have had. One person asking you questions and then you answering. It is honestly not as scary as you may think. The second I answered the phone and we introduced ourselves I eased into it and stopped severely shaking!

After the phone interview is over your interviewer will tell you that you will hear something within 2-3 weeks. You will always get email updates along with your dashboard but I've heard that the dashboard updates before you get the email. So keep checking everything and drown yourself in doubt that you didn't make it in because it has been two days since the interview and haven't heard anything. Or at least that is what I did since I am the most impatient person ever. Ya know. I hope this has helped! If you have any questions please ask! I didn't get too descriptive but I hope you got the gist of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment